Auto trailers 36-41 were ordered in June 1906 and delivered in January and February 1907. They were driving trailers and included end windows at the luggage compartment end, these were later being painted over and evetually replaced with plating. Between the luggage compartment and the passenger's vestibule was the original smoking compartment, however after 1928 this was changed and the larger saloon was designated for smoking.
They were found on branch lines from Cornwall to Wales and retained their gas lighting until withdrawn, the first in December 1956 and the last in November 1957. Number 38 became a mobile office after condemnation in 1957, being originally stationed at Newport and is now preserved on the Telford Steam Railway.
Our models are built to a ratio of 1.43.5, 7mm.scale and fitted with finescale wheelsets for 0 gauge track. The body is made of ABS plastic incorporating fine details, including panelling and window bolection mouldings and fully finished in 1930's, 1940's and 1950's decorations.
The bogies have die-cast frames with two metal compensation beams to improve running performance, brass bearings, steel wheels, sprung metal buffers, sprung die-cast hook and metal links
Wiring is already installed from the bogies to the floor panel. The lighting can be arranged to provide control by a DCC decoder.